Sunday, June 1, 2008

Quiet Day!

Sunday mornings start off my week for catering. Strategies has been having me cater their seminars now for three years. We have a great relationship and things have always run smoothly. They call me the Friday before, let me know the count and any dietary restrictions and I have free creative license. Today's lunch was yummy. I made a delicious baked ziti with feta, mozzarella, Parmesan and broccoli in a very simple cream sauce. With just a sauce of cream the cheeses are able to shine through while not over powering the broccoli florets. They also had a green salad with a balsamic vinaigrette, wild mushroom puffs and homemade oatmeal cookies with butterscotch chips. I always make sure they have a tasty snack and dessert. Catering lunches like this are the best, because now I have the rest of the day to myself!!!
Matthew and I are spending a quiet day at home with the dogs. They are very upset I didn't mention them in my profile, considering they are also two very trustful companions. Brody is
our Black Lab and Henri is our Sealyham Terrier. They are quite a dynamic duo; they pretend to despise one another, but I know better. I surprised them one day coming home early from a walk and caught them snuggled up together on Brody's bed! I didn't make a big deal of it so not to make them feel conspicuous.

I have been enjoying this laid back day, the week of yard work has caught up with me. I don't expect much sympathy because it's all self inflicted but landscaping is back breaking work. I don't know how people do it day in and day out. Those darn weeds don't know it's Sunday!!! I'm hoping to get a good grip on things this summer to make next summer much easier. I did do some container planting so the day hasn't been a total waste, but I can hear the Bittersweet laughing as it's choking the life out of trees!!!

No comments: